Affordable & Professional Website Design in the Greater Spokane and Coeur d’Alene region
How can you create a professional website that is affordable, beautiful, and functional in Spokane, Coeur d’Alene or the Inland Northwest? How do you avoid a bad experience and find out in advance if a web company is reliable and trustworthy?
If you’ve had a bad experience with a web designer or Inbound marketing firm, I would like to apologize in the name of my industry. The good news is that, believe it or not, there are a few great companies and designers that create amazing work and provide professional customer service.
I decided to write this post to show my prospective clients the overall cost of building a website in the Spokane region and the Inland Northwest. Since I’m a small company, I can afford to reduce my website prices to stay competitive, especially in this economy, however you’ll be amazed how much a website can cost around here.
If after reading this article you have any questions or would like to get a free quote for your business or organization please contact me by filling out my contact for: Let’s Get Started
I offer competitive, affordable website prices but most importantly I’m reliable and professional.
So, what is the cost of building a website?
The cost of creating your website depends on these three factors:
- Your website’s needs
- The experience that the company or designer has.
- The size of the web design firm
If you are a small business owner and need a website you should start small. Later, as your business grows you can expand and invest more in your site. For this reason be sure that your website has the appropriate structure to permit growth in the future otherwise when the time comes you’ll have to start from scratch and you’ll lose time and money.
Rule#1: Research before you commit!
It is very important that you do your research before committing to a web company or designer. Web design services should be transparent, open and clear to avoid unexpected charges. Please don’t sign on the dotted line with the first company you find; research and see what’s out there.
You’re looking for the best combination of price, quality and value. Remember there’s a difference between affordable and cheap. Your website is a valuable part of your business or organization. So invest your money wisely, don’t throw it away.
Rule #2: Website prices are not a one time fee, so plan ahead!
Below you can find some of the main costs of building a website. These prices can vary from company to company but they can give you an overall idea of some of the costs of creating a site in the Inland Northwest area:
1. Domain Name: a domain name is a unique name that identifies your website in the Internet. The cost can vary between $9.00 to $15.00 USD a year depending where you buy it. I must say that in my experience I’ve seen many unsatisfied clients that had paid up to $160.00 USD for a standard domain name. So please be careful, unscrupulous people can take advantage of you.
2. Hosting: Web hosting is where your website is stored. A secure server is necessary to have a healthy website. Depending on your needs you can spend yearly anywhere from $60.00 USD for shared hosting to $500.00 USD for a dedicated server. $100.00 to $150.00 USD per year is the most common fee for a standard small business website.
3. Design and development: A small business website (8 to 16 Web pages) can cost in Spokane, Washington anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000 USD. The websites usually include: custom graphics, customized template, stock photos, contact forms, and search box. For enhanced functionalities like eCommerce, website prices can climb higher. If you’re just getting started, those things can come later.
4. SEO: If you have a website and it doesn’t generate any traffic you have wasted your time and money. It is important to invest in SEO or search engine optimization to ensure that customers will find you so you can make more profits. SEO packages from Spokane to Coeur d’Alene vary between $500.00 and $6,000.00 USD. Properly done, SEO takes time and sustained efforts. So SEO packages often last at least 3 months and up to a year or longer.
5. Website Maintenance: Once your website is up and running you must take care of it and maintain it. If your website was done with WordPress or Joomla you might be able to do some updates yourself; however unless you are a web developer you need to consider that technology always changes and this impacts your website directly. New browsers, updating technology and new developing languages demand that you stay on top of the game to make sure that your website performs properly. A small business can spend yearly around $500.00 to $3,000 USD in web maintenance, but if you find a good company it is totally worth it. You need to concentrate on running your business not learning HTML, PHP and CSS.
In conclusion, website prices can vary greatly depending upon the site’s needs and the design firm, advertising agency, or freelancer creating the Web design. The most important thing is that you find someone that is honest and reliable. Paying for good service is totally worth it!
Please don’t forget that if you have any questions or would like to get a free quote for your business or organization you can contact me by filling out my Let’s Get Started form.