SEO used to be enough. Not so anymore. The web has evolved and marketing methods have too. It takes a team to master the ins and outs of Internet marketing these days. And so, the industry is rapidly embracing the term inbound marketing as one of the best ways to describe the various disciplines an Internet marketer must master.
So, what does an Inbound marketing expert need to know? Well, search engine optimization is certainly one. A solid understanding of current SEO best practices is probably going to top the list for a long time to come. The search engines keep tweaking their algorithms, and a good SEO must stay on top of the latest information from various search engines and marketers in the field. But it doesn’t stop there.
Today’s inbound marketing pros must also understand the following:
- The power of branding
- Lead generation
- Conversion optimization
- Research for a variety of things including, demographics, psychographics, content, etc.
- Internet consumer behavior
- Market research
- Competitive research
- Social media planning and optimization
- Email marketing
- Pay per click campaign optimization
- Web analytics
- Statistics and how to use them in business analysis
- Content planning and marketing
- Web design fundamentals
- Emerging web design principles and technologies
- Responsive design planning and implementation
- Mobile marketing
- Existing and emerging Internet business models
- New media distribution channels
- Scripting languages
- Internet advertising principles
- Viral marketing techniques
- Intellectual property and Internet legal issues
- User interface and web usability issues
- and the list could go on…
As the web evolves, there will be even more to learn and master. As your customers rapidly shift to mobile technology, inbound marketing experts will have to keep mobile find-ability and usability in mind as well. Our aim here is to stay on top of industry changes and trends, offering our clients cutting edge inbound marketing strategies, always at affordable prices.